Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Movie List Post

I have always enjoyed watching movies, especially after a long day at work to relax or to spend some quality time with my family and friends. This post will include my top 10 favorite movies in order from low to high on my rating scale. I have always been a bit of a harsh critic when it comes to rating movies mainly because I compare all movies to some of the best movies created in their genres. I apologize ahead of time if your movie did not make this list.

10. Up (2009)
I was strongly considering putting Bambi or Lion King on here, but I really enjoyed watching this movie, and it's on of those movies that I'm never not in the mood for.
9. Fight Club (1998)
Fight Club is a classic movie where you need to go through and watch it a few times before you completely understand what's going on. And even after watching in several times, I always seem to catch another sign I missed before which always keeps me engaged in the movie.
8. Gladiator (2000)
Gladiator is a great movie showing the struggles of the lead actor where nothing seems to go his way, but by sticking to what he believes in everything eventually falls into place. More or less.
7. The Dark Knight (2005)
This movie is just awesome! Everything worked well in this movie, from the plot to the special affects The Dark Knight always keeps you on the edge of your seat.
6. Catch Me If You Can (2002)
I really enjoyed this movie because it's one of the few movies that you want the hero and the villain to win.
5. Saving Private Ryan (1998)
This classic war movie does an excellent job showing the perspectives of all parties involved in WWII and makes you feel like you were there.
4. Forest Gump (1994)
Forest Gump is probably my favorite feel-good movie out there. Life is like a box of chocolates.
3. V for Vendetta (2005)
V for Vendetta is an amazing film that shows just how powerful an idea can be.
2. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
This movie set up what is perhaps the best trilogy every created in my opinion. The visuals are spectacular, the acting is perfect and the plot always keeps you engaged.
1. The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
The Shawshank Redemption is about as close to a perfect movie as possible. There is not a single scene in this movie that needs to be added or omitted.

I hope you enjoyed this list. If you have any thoughts about any movie on this list or feel a movie should have been added, please feel free to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment